Friday, January 15, 2010

And the Judges Say...


Okay, not those judges

Thought it would be a good time to share feedback for Painless from the most important reviewers - THE READERS!

Here's a small sampling:

I can't put it down. Lovin' it!...Laurie (Buffalo Grove, Illinois)

I stayed up until 2 a.m. to finish it. I was on an emotional roller coaster...Rosalie (Charleston, SC)

I was sorry to have it end. I read tons of books and have read most of the mystery authors in the current market. Derek can definitely hold his own with these well known writers in story development, character development, and writing style...Jude (Phoenix, AZ)

I started to read it and couldn't put it down. You are a great storyteller, the characters are really well developed - I loved or hated all of them...Charles (Parts Unknown, Connecticut)

I gave Painless to my dad to read, he is 85 years old and thought it was great. He was amazed at all the intricacies of the characters. He said it was a real page-turner...Barbara (Tampa, Florida)


One of the things that stands out from the early returns, is how Painless seems to cross all lines of gender, age, and geography, when it comes to those who are enjoying it. I think that is a great sign. It is also being embraced for the way it is able to combine genres - both a fast-paced thriller combined with a heartwarming story of redemption.

Thanks to everyone who has sent me feedback so far. While I'm thrilled that it's been overwhelmingly positive, critical suggestions are equally valuable to me. For all those who've read it, love to hear what you think: derekbkclb@yahoo.com.

Also looking for readers willing to write a brief review on Amazon, - here's an example from a reader.

Picture Source: American Idol/FOX